We are proud to offer independent advice to our clients with the highest level of service and communication, and a personal approach, ensuring a smooth and timely sale at the best possible price for you.
With well over 30 years experience in valuing and selling property, plus an extensive knowledge of the local property market, Stevens & Carter combine this with the latest market intelligence and technologies to achieve the optimum selling price for your property.
We pride ourselves on listening to what you want from your new property to ensure we fully understand what you are looking for, so you can always expect the most accurate and suitable recommendations from us.
At Stevens & Carter we will prepare a full specification of your home with numerous photographs to show it in it's best light, plus a detailed floor plan to give it that extra dimension. We ask that these property details are thoroughly checked by you prior to circulation as they are used on major web portals.
On selected sites Virtual Tours and Large High Definition Images are employed to ensure maximum exposure to potential viewers, and to encourage appointments from home hunters.
When selling your property, good presentation is essential. First impressions really do count. At Stevens and Carter, we provide potential buyers with extensive property details featuring clear floor plans and photos to capture your home at it’s best. We can also offer advice on appropriate improvements to help sell your home effectively at the optimum price and maximise the potential of your property.
We are also experienced in using "open house" and "viewing days" to help sell your home, and recently this has produced good sale prices for our vendors.
With Stevens and Carter, you can rest assured you'll be getting access to the most up-to-date marketing and exposure. We display quality property particulars in branch with listings on our own website, we also advertise in local publications and of course, exposure on major national property websites such as Right Move.
Top Tips to sell your home effectively
The little things can make a big difference when it comes to selling a property and minor changes can have a positive impact on how a buyer views your property.
- A clear pathway, clean front door and well maintained garden will instantly make your property more appealing, it's the first thing your potential buyer will see and first impressions can make or break a sale.
- Redecorating tired and chipped paintwork can really brighten a home and make it feel fresh and well looked after. Don't forget the hallway!
- Make any minor repairs you've been putting off, such as a broken fence panel or dripping tap and replace any dead light bulbs.
- Clean, sparkling windows can drastically alter the appearance of a property, clean windows also let a lot more light in.
- Declutter your home so potential buyers can imagine the space with their own belongings.
- Make effective use of your space, so get rid of that junk room. Many people have trouble visualising a space.
- Try to keep your house clean and tidy all the time while it is on the market as you could get a request for a viewing at any time. Make sure beds are make, bathrooms are clean, kitchen surfaces are clear and laundry is put away
- And lastly, banish smoke or pet odours and avoid cooking anything with a strong odour (such as fish or curry) before a viewing as the smell can linger.